The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

webmail login question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by endura, Aug 6, 2005.

1. endura

endura Member

I have a client that needs to access their webmail from inside a building that blocks port designations so they cannot access either the 2095 or 2096 port for the webmail login. Is there a way to create a login page on our site that would replace the port naming in the URL? Currently only using Horde and looking for a way to get a different login page to work if it is even possible. Any help would be appreciated if someone knows anything about this or has a similar issue.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

3. endura

endura Member

I couldn't get that to work at all. Did all that is said in the readme file, but no luck.

All I need to do is setup something on a subdomain for clients to login into instead of the normal link that goes to a port. Is there a free webmail program that can be setup that way or something or an easier way of doing this?

4. hansb

hansb Registered

5. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

This has been a bugbear with cpanel since the last century!

The problem is the ports chosen.
    We use hosting controller and it runs webmail on 8080 or 8077 which seems to be accessible from most firewalled situations.

I have not looked at that proxy but I feel scared by that:

1. It may allow other proxy activities which would eat up bandwidth or be used for illegal activities.
    2. It relies on Apache running, the point of having it on a different port is it uses a different HTTPD.