The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WebMail logout problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by BackRack, May 6, 2004.

1. BackRack

BackRack Member

Hi. There are instances after logging out of neomail that I am able to re-enter without the login applet by using mydomain.com/webmail. Is this a know issue or is there a fix I must apply?

Additionally, even when I exit the browser and disconnect from the internet I am able to access the webmail account. However, there are instances when I receive the login applet.

My real concern is that my users to include myself are able to access the email account without logging in.

Thanks for a great product BTW.

2. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It uses cookies and sessions, so unless your user actually hits the "log off" button, you will not need to log back in for quite some time.

3. BackRack

BackRack Member

Hmm, there are actually two "logout" buttons. The small "x" in the header of the mail program and the "logout" button on the first page we see after logging in. Which one are you refering to?

After logging-out using both buttons we sometimes are able to re-enter without being required to login. However, this is less frequent now for some reason.

Thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated!

4. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I never noticed the small X one, so I was talking about the other one. Wow, I didnt even know there was two :p