Webmail Navigation Bar in 11.48

kdean

Oct 19, 2012
Orlando, FL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've made some further adjusments to compact the footer and gain more useable height and other aesthetic adjustments.

Code:
iframe#mailFrame {
     border: 0px;
     height: calc(100vh - 95px);
}

#wrap {
    min-width: initial !important; 
    margin: 0 auto -45px !important;
    padding: 0 0 40px !important;
}

footer {
    min-height: 40px !important;
}

footer .navbar-nav>li>a {
    padding: 10px;
}

footer .navbar {
    min-height: 40px !important;
    margin-bottom: 0px !important;
}

footer .navbar-brand {
    padding: 0px !important;
    height: 40px !important;
}

header .navbar-cpanel {
    border-color: rgba(234, 234, 234, 0.5);
}
Another smaller window...
webmail_small3.png

...and for large screens roundcube still fills the browser height unlike the cPanel default which stops at about 945px height for the Roundcube section leaving a bunch of unused whitespace.

Last edited by a moderator:

brt

Jul 9, 2015
US
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
kdean - Thanks! MUCH better, at least in the browser I'm in at the moment. There's no doubt this should be baked in, not a user-hack. Thanks for sharing!

For anyone else that stumbles across this, I'll update if I encounter any issues relating to this. Otherwise I recommend it so far.

Reactions: joako

kdean

Oct 19, 2012
Orlando, FL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
IE is a little funky, and scrollbars arbitrarily come and go... can't say I'm surprised since historically IE has always been a poor renderer compared to Safari, Chrome and Firefox in my experience.

cPanelAdamF

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Mar 21, 2013
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
everyone, the double scrollbar should be addressed in an upcoming build released on EDGE. (I'll have an official internal case number as my team gets closer to merging the fixes into the upstream). We did reference this thread quite a bit in addressing the problem so I want to say a big THANK YOU for this conversation.

Additionally we are reconsidering the current webmail experience based on the feedback re the iframe technique we are using. At present we have a few ideas, but no particular idea has emerged as the one to pursue.

Reactions: Infopro

stormy

Nov 22, 2003
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
...and for large screens roundcube still fills the browser height unlike the cPanel default which stops at about 945px height for the Roundcube section leaving a bunch of unused whitespace.
You could try hiding the footer with display:none, which gives no useful information IMO, and increase the size of Roundcube. Then if you "unsticky" the header, when you scroll down past it you can use all the screen real estate, although you will have a vertical scrollbar.

panayot

Nov 18, 2004
Here is what i came up with to remove the frame from Roundcube entirely. It should be put in /scripts/postupcp so that it is run after cpanel updates:

Code:
replace '<div id="header">' '<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> if (top.location != location) { top.location.href = document.location.href ;}</script><div id="header" >' -- /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/skins/larry/includes/header.html