The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail not cPanel Install

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bpat1434, Nov 11, 2004.

1. bpat1434

bpat1434 Well-Known Member

Hey guys.

I have searched this forum and found plenty of answers (so please don't tell me to re-search the forum). The reason I'm asking again, is because it's a little tough.

I want to install SquirrelMail under a subdirectory webmail.domain.com. I have uploaded all the squirrelmail files to domain.com/webmail and the subdomain is up.

Now, having the files uploaded, I need to install them. Unfortunately I don't have Shell access to my server (my host won't allow it) and I'd like to install it.

Does anyone know of where I can find an install tutorial for SquirrelMail 1.4.3 without Shell access?
    If not, what's the next best Webmail Client I can install that doesn't require Shell access?

Thanks for the help.

~Brett

2. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Just follow the directions included with SM itself. Edit the config file manually in any plain text editor. Every line is commented, so it's not hard. The shell script is just there for convenience.

3. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

The last post is correct. To add to it, most likely the script will work without making any changes, so try that first and make a backup of your config before making changes.

4. bpat1434

bpat1434 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies.

I have looked at the conf.pl file, and unfortunately it calls for config.php; however, I can't seem to find it. I downloaded 1.4.3 from squirrelmail.org and got the latest version.... any ideas?

~Brett