Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Webmail not timing out

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by dfjones, Jul 29, 2003.

1. dfjones

dfjones Registered

I'm running a multi-user environment in a school. I've linked to webmail from the homepage and first time in, I'm prompted for the username and password. OK so far. Now if I've used neomail, I logout OK but when I use the link again, neomail goes straight into the account without prompting for the uname/password. Is this correct? Is there a way of making sure the user has to log in every time they visit the page?

A similar problem with horde - also, logging out from the email account presents a page with the pword already filled in. This is potentially disastrous, as a tricksy user might log into somebody else's account and change the password - you know the rest.

Summary - I need the user to login to their email account each time the page is opened. I don't want the password to be "remembered". How can I effect this?

TIA
    DJ

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 dfjones, Jul 29, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2003