The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail periodically will not load using my internet connection

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Triton, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Triton

Triton Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

Our Webmail will sometimes not load while connected to our internet connection. However, when we get onto our neighbor's internet connection (which we have permission to do so), the Webmail will work fine.

We use Roundcube. Simply put, the error message we receive is:
    This webpage is not available

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Is your IP address blocked by any firewall rules enabled on your server? You may want to install a firewall such as CSF to help manage the rules and determine if that's what's happening. Is access to other services affected when this occurs?

Thank you.

3. Triton

Triton Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    We turned off our firewall and we still have the same issue. We are only having a problem with our Webmail client.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm reading between the lines here, so my apologies if i'm barking up the wrong tree.

When you say you switched off your firewall, are you referring to the firewall on your cpanel server, or the firewall at your location. ?

When you cannot gain access to webmail, are you still able to gain access to cpanel or whm ?
    Do you have access to Cpanel or WHM ?

If you can gain access to webmail using someone elses internet connection but not your own, and it only happens occasionally then i'd suggest either your external IP address is being blocked, or you have a DNS/Routing issue.

1. when you can connect, (using your own internet) go to www.whatismyip.com and note down your external IP address.
    2. when you cannot connect, do the same.

See if the failure is linked to the same IP address.

3. when you can't connect, switch off your adsl router for 2 minutes, this may force a new external IP address.

4. When you can't connect, try and connect via a proxy (something like hidemyass), but for my own piece of mind, i wouldn't use my username/password to actually log in, just to prove that you can get to it.