The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nootkan, May 12, 2010.

  1. nootkan

    nootkan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2006
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    I've looked through some of the posts in this forum and found a few similar but none of the resolutions worked for me. My problem is that my clients suddenly find they cannot use outlook to send or recieve email and when they try to use http://www.theirdomain.com/webmail it sends them to my server instead of their email account. If they login through cpanel/email/emailaccounts they can recieve and send no problem. My dedicated server info is as follows:
    I tried to run /var/log/exim_mainlog in my root using putty but get a permission denied error message. Appreciate any help or info on this.
     
  2. thewebhostingdi

    thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2008
    Messages:
    141
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    You can try to use the web mail interface as http://domainname.tld:2095 and have a try and also provide us the error message if you are receiving any in your outlook. Also make sure that the SMTP and POP3 address are not blocked in the customer firewall or by their ISP.
     
  3. nootkan

    nootkan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2006
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    I will ask them to provide outlook error messages. When I try to login using their url https://www.sportfishingalberta.ca:2096 it sends me to another account (I assume) that doesn't have the same folders that I set up in their original account a while back ie: misc and youtube. The inbox is empty also even though when I login using cpanel/mail/Email Accounts/Access Webmail the inbox is full of their messages and the two folders exist. The only thing that has changed recently is upgrades to cpanel and my firewall which I have a tech guy looking at as we speak. Everything used to work flawlessly with the same set up until now.

    I also tried the url provided in your post but recieve this:
    This also sends me to the wrong account.

    Okay I figured out the webmail problem, the client was logging in with the cpanel username instead of his email address. I'm still waiting for him to send the outlook error message but I suspect it too is a configuration issue. Thanks for the replies and help.

    Update:The outlook problem was due to the newer versions (2010) of outlook requiring a certificate for the domain name apparently as he figured it out on his own. I use 2002 so I don't have that problem. Thanks again for the reply.
     
    #3 nootkan, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page