The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by katherinep, Feb 11, 2011.

1. katherinep

katherinep Registered

Feb 11, 2011
    I am pretty new to cpanel, so forgive me if this is in anyway unclear or if there is a simple "duh" solution that I am just unaware of.

I have a site where I have several email accounts set up. The users need to be able to access their email accounts using a web mail interface. When testing to make sure the accounts could be accessed via webmail, I found none of them could be with the passwords assigned, however, when I tried to access each separate email account using the password I use to login to cpanel with my admin ID, it works, for every email address.

Is there a way for each account to have separate passwords that work?

How do I accomplish this? I have already set them as different passwords when I created the email accounts and I have also tried changing the emails and trying to login to webmail again using the new passwords, but all my attempts have failed.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello katherinep,

What url are you using to access webmail for these accounts? You would not be using cPanel > Webmail icon for the accounts as that only accesses the main administrator account.

It should be or https://IP:2096/ for the webmail login.

Also, please ensure you are using the full email address to log into the webmail for these accounts, so not simply user for the username.