The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sbrad, Aug 21, 2001.

1. sbrad

sbrad Well-Known Member

I\'m not sure where to post this, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.
    I have a user that is trying to use their webmail, but it\'s not showing any message. But if they check their mail via Eudora, or their Sprint phone, it\'s all there.

2. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

When they are checking with the other services it is removing the messages from the server. Webmail doesn\'t remove messages from the server.

Unless your seeing this in reverse order.

If webmail is wierd its best to encourage your customers to use a email client like outlook.

Webmail is best served as a on the road tool.

3. sbrad

sbrad Well-Known Member

[quote:2dc23319e4]When they are checking with the other services it is removing the messages from the server. Webmail doesn\'t remove messages from the server. [/quote:2dc23319e4]
    They are not downloading the messages with their other clients.
    [quote:2dc23319e4]Webmail is best served as a on the road tool. [/quote:2dc23319e4]
    You\'ve got that right!:D

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:bf8b96271b]I\'m not sure where to post this, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.
    I have a user that is trying to use their webmail, but it\'s not showing any message. But if they check their mail via Eudora, or their Sprint phone, it\'s all there. [/quote:bf8b96271b]

Email me the login info for the server and I\'ll try to trace this one down.

5. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

was a solution or reason for this ever found? we have a client who is also experiencing this. :(