The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail risk and SSL Certificate

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by esports, Jan 13, 2016.

1. esports

esports Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Since I have to manage myself my VPS and everything related to whm & cpanel I stumbled upon some problems that I didn't have before.

1. Every time I navigate to domain.com/webmail I receive the warning that the page is Untrusted, it represents a risk and I should be careful. I attached a screenshot for this. How can I fix this?

2. Each email I add to outlook, for example, is marked with "untrusted certificate". Every time I start outlook I receive 20 certificates warning I have to accept. Even after I saved the certificate and declared it as trusted. Is there a way to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    you have a self singed certificate purchase a SSL your servers server.hostname.com install it on the cpanel services then redirect domain.com/webmail to your servers server.hostname.com

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can purchase a signed SSL certificate and install it for your services per the instructions at:

Manage Service SSL Certificates - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Then, browse to the "Redirection" tab in "WHM >> Tweak Settings" and configure the redirects to the "SSL Certificate Name". Mail services will require you to enter the hostname/certificate name in the mail client settings to avoid warnings, unless you install SSL certificates for individual domain names and utilize the "Mail SNI" feature.

Thank you.

4. esports

esports Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you