Webmail risk and SSL Certificate

esports

Jan 6, 2016
Europe
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Since I have to manage myself my VPS and everything related to whm & cpanel I stumbled upon some problems that I didn't have before.

1. Every time I navigate to domain.com/webmail I receive the warning that the page is Untrusted, it represents a risk and I should be careful. I attached a screenshot for this. How can I fix this?

2. Each email I add to outlook, for example, is marked with "untrusted certificate". Every time I start outlook I receive 20 certificates warning I have to accept. Even after I saved the certificate and declared it as trusted. Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You can purchase a signed SSL certificate and install it for your services per the instructions at:

Manage Service SSL Certificates - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Then, browse to the "Redirection" tab in "WHM >> Tweak Settings" and configure the redirects to the "SSL Certificate Name". Mail services will require you to enter the hostname/certificate name in the mail client settings to avoid warnings, unless you install SSL certificates for individual domain names and utilize the "Mail SNI" feature.

Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Email 5
M Email 1
M Email 2
H Email 1
psytanium Email 11