Webmail risk and SSL Certificate

esports

Jan 6, 2016
Europe
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Since I have to manage myself my VPS and everything related to whm & cpanel I stumbled upon some problems that I didn't have before.

1. Every time I navigate to domain.com/webmail I receive the warning that the page is Untrusted, it represents a risk and I should be careful. I attached a screenshot for this. How can I fix this?

2. Each email I add to outlook, for example, is marked with "untrusted certificate". Every time I start outlook I receive 20 certificates warning I have to accept. Even after I saved the certificate and declared it as trusted. Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You can purchase a signed SSL certificate and install it for your services per the instructions at:

Manage Service SSL Certificates - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Then, browse to the "Redirection" tab in "WHM >> Tweak Settings" and configure the redirects to the "SSL Certificate Name". Mail services will require you to enter the hostname/certificate name in the mail client settings to avoid warnings, unless you install SSL certificates for individual domain names and utilize the "Mail SNI" feature.

Thank you.