wonkywombat

Registered
Nov 22, 2021
Nottinghamshire
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

I'm having an odd issue with webmail which appears to be intermittent. The mailbox is actually fine when it works, but, every now and again when logged into webmail the error "Server Error! (error)" is thrown, stopping Roundcube from loading folders, mail, etc.

I have tried to repair the dovecot index files but this didn't do the trick, no IP blocks, there are a few login attempts in the exim attempts but really nothing of significance.

Storage is fine and the mailbox is under it's quota set.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

kennysamuerto

PartnerNOC
May 20, 2009
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I'm afraid that error, it may be because your session has ended. In other words, I don't think it is a problem with your server, but rather that your session (browser session) has ended and you cannot connect to your webmail with that session.

You should increase the session limits if you consider it appropriate, to see if the problem is really as I said.

wonkywombat

Registered
Nov 22, 2021
Nottinghamshire
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

I'm afraid that error, it may be because your session has ended. In other words, I don't think it is a problem with your server, but rather that your session (browser session) has ended and you cannot connect to your webmail with that session.

You should increase the session limits if you consider it appropriate, to see if the problem is really as I said.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated. I would be inclined to go down that route as the user tends to manage mail significantly from web mail on their phone but the server itself times out in the mail app, do you think this could be correlated? -

Cheers

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If the issue is also happening with mail clients, I don't believe this would be a session timeout issue.

When that issue happens, do you see anything odd in /var/log/maillog? That log tracks the mail user sessions, so there might be something useful in there that would help us out.