The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail SSL Solution?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by brucelet, Aug 4, 2009.

1. brucelet

brucelet Registered

I have read through may threads that tell me I cannot access webmail with a client's own SSL certificate. They will always get an error because the webmail server redirects to my hostname certificate.

That being the case, is there any reason why I cannot install SquirrelMail on the client's hosting account? I'm mostly concerned about whether it will want to change the current mail storage directories or format.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Thanks.

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Nope you can install any sort of php application like that. Depending on the php modules you have selected you may have to add a few more in but that is it. Physically all it does it uses pop3/imap (forget which of the two it uses off hand) just like any other email client would be.

Installing a seperate copy even lets you do your own customizations of it.

3. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I did this a while back, as I wanted to have more control of the features in SquirrelMail.
    I did not run into any issues. I think you just want to make sure you don't use a folder named /webmail or anything that would conflict with the server redirects.