The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmail works, POP3 mail doesn't..

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by iwebserv, May 18, 2004.

1. iwebserv

iwebserv Member

Got a problem with an E-Mail address. They can receive and send mail no problem through WebMail, but when they go to receive mail through microsoft outlook it connects to the server, checks the mail account, and disconnects from the server saying that there is no new emails. But the mail account can send emails fine from microsoft outlook.

It was working fine before, all settings have been double checked through and through in microsoft outlook, no changes or anything out of the ordinary.

An admin told me a fix once before, and told me to just delete the account on the loca computer from in microsoft outlook and re-create the account. No idea why, but when I did that previously it worked, but on this occasion it is not working.

#1 iwebserv, May 18, 2004
    Last edited: May 18, 2004
  2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

That happened to a client of mine once. We deleted the account in cpanel and recreated it and everything went back to normal.

3. iwebserv

iwebserv Member

Bit hard for me to delete the account and re-create it since this particular email account is the root account to the domain.

The username for the cPanel account is the default email account, which is the email account they are using, so we cannot delete it and re-add it.

4. Samurai

Samurai Registered

Had this problem a while back and tried everything I could to make it work until...

I tried deleting the 'Reply To' field. Works perfectly now. Hope this fixes your problem ;)

5. iwebserv

iwebserv Member

Sorry, didn't fix my problem :(