The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WebMail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by adapter, Oct 27, 2003.

1. adapter

adapter Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

is there any way to access directly to the webmail without using :2095 ? i mean if i want direct access to Squirrelmail how can i do?

2. cothrun

cothrun Member

I'm not sure I understand what you'd like but I'll take a stab at it.

You want a mail system on port 80? Maybe so your clients can access webmail from a restrictive proxy/firewall? I don't think cpanel can do it, you'll have to manually install a webmail program on the server or in your clients webspace. This is easier than it sounds, there are PHP webmail systems that require little more than untarring them in the target directory and changing a few settings in a config file. Ilohamail[/a] is one I've used, although a major drawback for me was the lack of ability to save sent mail. uebimiau[/url -s another simple POP3 client that works well and does save copies of sent mail. And of course the three webmail clients that cpanel offers should be relatively easy to install as well, you'll just have to make sure they don't conflict with the existing cpanel installations.

Or you just don't like seeing that port number there? create webmail.example.com and create an index.html that contains a frameset that loads up the cpanel webmail installation on port 2095.