mbressman

Jan 31, 2006
Is there any reason not to install Webmin on a VPS running cPanel/WHM? I understand that changes I make via Webmin could potentially impact cPanel/WHM, but if I just wanted to install Webmin so I could see more of the VPS config in a web GUI, would the actual installation of Webmin cause any issues?

The VPS is running CentOS 64-bit if that helps. Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

cPanel is not designed to work in combination with other control panels such as Webmin. I do not recommend installing it on a cPanel server.

Thank you.

mbressman

Jan 31, 2006
I thought that Webmin merely gave you GUI access to things that could be done via command line - in that case, what would be the harm in installing it as long as I'm careful what I do with it?

smoge

Jul 2, 2004
I do this all the time without issue. Just don't use webmin to edit things normally handled by Chanel/whm.

mbressman

Jan 31, 2006
I do this all the time without issue. Just don't use webmin to edit things normally handled by Chanel/whm.
Thanks for the confirmation smoge - much appreciated! I mostly plan to use Webmin for just checking on stuff, but just to be on the safe side, any specific areas I should stay away from making changes with Webmin?

24x7ss

Sep 30, 2014
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

There will be rpm conflicts as well which might result in non-functioning of both panels so having another panel with cPanel is not recommended.