The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webmin and Cpanel together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maquinadigital, Jun 16, 2010.

1. maquinadigital

maquinadigital Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Greetings everybody,

Althought I've seen posts here, regarding this matter, they were dated from 2002 and 2004 so I think it's better to ask the same again, after all this time, Linux versions, cpanel versions, etc.

I have Cpanel servers and I truly love Cpanel but I feel Cpanel could have more options to manage Linux servers, hardware info, etc.

So, my solution is to install webmin on top of that servers, just to manage those things, Cpanel can't and, mostly, to have a way to see raid status, smart disks status, heartbeats, etc, in a easy and fast way.

I thinking just in viewing and not to update anything using WEBMIN.

Best regards

Daniel

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We do not support cPanel and Webmin together

We do not support servers that have both Webmin and cPanel installed. The reason is that Webmin offers direct access to edit configuration files. There is no way to account for changesthat may be made via Webmin to files used by cPanel-related services.

While it is possible to run Webmin on a cPanel server, please be aware that we may not support a server that has Webmin installed, or we may ask that Webmin be deactivated and/or removed before we will troubleshoot a cPanel-related issue.

If there are specific features that cPanel lacks that Webmin does have, I encourage you to submit a feature request in the appropriate forum section:

Feature Requests for cPanel and WHM - cPanel Forums

3. rts2271

rts2271 Member

I use webmin myself for managing reverse records, hardware and a few other settings. I've always though they played rather nice together. Webmin is just to complicated for most end users.