The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webserver doesn't reboot anymore (hangs after setting hostname) !?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Hi All

I am in serious problems. My server won't reboot anymore since yesterday and I can't find the problem. I will explain how it comes...

I am running Linux RedHat 7.2 with the latest stable release of Cpanel/WHM. Apache, MySQL, Bind, cppop, openssh... everything runs on the same server.

1. sunday 25/4, suddenly MySQL and SSH was down, but Apache was still working. I couldn't login in WHM to reboot, also ssh was not working anymore....

2. monday 26/4 I asked my datacenter to reboot my server, but then he was totally gone... I drove to there and I saw he was hanging in de boot procedure. I tried to reboot several times, but he keeps stopping at the same place while loading RedHat. These are te latest steps:

* Activating swap partitions [OK]
    * Setting host name: xxx.xxxxx.xx [OK]

..... And then he hangs ! Nothing happens anymore !?

Is someone of you familiar with this problem ? What can I do now ? I changed nothing in the settings, maybe an update of Cpanel did ? Or could it be a hardware failure ? The server was running since two years without any problem.

Please help me, thanks in advance !!

Kind regards,