hadeyparty

Oct 16, 2018
Nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Urgent! I need help with admin panel.. My website is compromised via my admin panel

1. I cant change password because the change password feature wont work. The page only refreshes and does nothing
2. I urgently need to change it because I believe someone else has access to my website. My cpanel is protected via authy 2FA that's the reason I believe my website is being accessed somewhere else..

This scammer keeps changing my bitcoin wallet address. My customers send to his address instead of mine. I have bitcoin exchange website to my currency

I need your help guys

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Well, security of the server your site is on is thier responsibility I would think. If your site’s been compromised they should be able to offer you backups to restore the account safely.

If thats not the case, you might need to take down the website yourself until you can rebuild or restore it to a Hosting Provider that's more responsive to your needs.

hadeyparty

Oct 16, 2018
Nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I was attacked again 2 days ago.. I Lost $300.. I contacted my hosting, Namecheap, They said they are not responsible if a malicious script is in my files. This attack is a scheduled one, I think the hacker activates it at his best time I don't know how.. I am really suffering.. how do I stop this from happening? If I build a new website with new codes etc. The scammer will come after my domain and how am I sure he wont succeed again.. HELP!!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

ronaldst

Feb 22, 2016
Norway
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What is the cause of this compromise, do you know where the hacker gets access from?

I suggest you ask your host to disable your account while you figure out whats going on.

hadeyparty

Oct 16, 2018
Nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
What is the cause of this compromise, do you know where the hacker gets access from?

I suggest you ask your host to disable your account while you figure out whats going on.
I have 2FA enabled on my cpanel.. I am sure he did that without logging on my cpanel.. what he does is change my website BTC address ( This address is where sellers will send btc to). this attack is scheduled. it happens on 16th September, 16th October and Nov 6th.

ronaldst

Feb 22, 2016
Norway
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I find it concerning that one are able to compromise your account like this.

Are you on a shared hosting environment or run your own server?

Anyhow. I would ask the system administrator to change the account password and 2FA, and move your script/website to a non-public folder. When you regain control you need to figure out what is causing this to happen and fix it.

hadeyparty

Oct 16, 2018
Nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I find it concerning that one are able to compromise your account like this.

Are you on a shared hosting environment or run your own server?

Anyhow. I would ask the system administrator to change the account password and 2FA, and move your script/website to a non-public folder. When you regain control you need to figure out what is causing this to happen and fix it.
Yes I am on a shared host