The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website created with Frontpage - change with Dreamweaver?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ac_djsusanne, May 26, 2006.

1. ac_djsusanne

ac_djsusanne Registered

Hey there,
    I´m pretty new with cpanel. Never worked with it yet but I need to in the next days.

I ususally work with Dreamweaver. Now I need to change a website created with Frontpage. Can I just change it with DW or will I get problems because of the Frontpage extensions? How about the forms and stuff?

Or do I have to completely rebuild it with Dreamweaver?

Thanks for your answer,
    Greets Susanne

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Well, the better option would be to go through each page of the site line by line and get rid of anything FP specific.

FP might have chosen to use proprietory extension-based methods for dealing with forms and other things that can be dealt with in a more conventional fashion.

If you simply edit the HTML and don't mess around with anything more complex, you're unlikely to break the site, however getting rid of FP dependent features could only be a good move.

3. ac_djsusanne

ac_djsusanne Registered

Thanks for your reply. So I will look because of the FP specific stuff. If it takes too long I will maybe rebuild it with Dreamweaver. Would be maybe the faster way since I know how to work with DW :D

Thank you

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

A global search for "<form" might be a good way to begin hunting for, well, forms.

5. ac_djsusanne

ac_djsusanne Registered

I just found some Dreamweaver extensions to import and clean the Frontpage code. So I will try my luck with that one because I don´t like a mixed code ;)

Thank you anyway