The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abizer, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Abizer

Abizer Registered

Hello,

I have been receiving these error messages for one of our client

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/testing/public_html/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/discount:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/testing/public_html/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/testing/public_html/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

I have done everthing that i received from this forum and still it is the same.

The Main problem is that it does not happen every time but it will just popup on you when you are not expecting it :(

So please help me on this issue.

Thank you.:)

2. 24host

24host Registered

Facing the same problem.

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem with one of our website so if any one has any ans to this problem i will me more the glad to try it.

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

See the thread in dgbakers forum here.

4. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Not sure about the dgbakers forums, try this

Open httpd.conf inside yoru favorite editor, go to the section where the virtual host entry for the domain (in question here) is made. Now you will see the php open_basedir entry, something like

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
    php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/discount:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp"
    </IfModule>

Now just after the "/home/discount:", add "/home/testing:". Restart apache and check if you still get errors.