The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website interface

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sandyperwira, Sep 29, 2011.

1. sandyperwira

sandyperwira Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi All,

I have just register at this forum which i think that this is great forum to share.
    actually i already ask about this at other thread, and i am sorry if this thread is repost.

After uploading to cpanel ( either via ftp or file manager ) i don't know why, my website ( i'm using wordpress engine ) didn't appear the image and also the website is not properly in order ( i meant like the position of text, side bar, etc ) ==> it's so doesn't like with my localhost website which have the image and properly in order.

ps: in my image header which didn't appear image, there is show up the link to http://localhost/wordpress ==> i don't know maybe there is any related to above problem.

Thank you for your help

Regards
    Sandy

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You'd need to take a closer look at your configuration settings in wordpress admin to make sure all paths are setup correctly.

3. sandyperwira

sandyperwira Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks, actually i've just try to use Softaculous and it works! the image and other things are correct.
    and more easier than ftp or file manager.

So are there any differences between ftp and softaculous? I meant like, maybe from the security side, or else
    because, i am just thinking that installing using softaculous is way faster than ftp.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Using FTP you're uploading files to the server only, you're not installing anything via FTP. When you use your FTP login details for an installation script or upgrade script (that you uploaded via FTP) you're running that script as the cPanel FTP user. You're still not actually installing anything via FTP.

Softaculous is a script installer, like Fantastico and others. If your account has either of these available to you provided by your host, yes of course use it, that's the best and easiest way to go.

Be sure to thank your host for providing them and making your life easier. :p

5. sandyperwira

sandyperwira Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Yes, that's what i meant. maybe i couldn't explain clearly :p #newbie
    when i used ftp, i uploaded the original wordpress folders and files to hosting server.
    and when i used softaculous, the original wordpress folders and files are already there, so then i just click "install"
    ( i meant like it's the same way to "move" wordpress to online ) CMIIW :D again #newbie