Website is not running from index.html (Manually made or Pre made)

Boof

Registered
Nov 8, 2020
New Zealand
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I am trying to view my website, but the website will not run within the domain name.
When I created the website with the site publisher it tells me that the website has been set up, but when I run this link I causes the "Refused to connect" error.

Does it take time for a website to be published and the website to display on the cPanel servers?
Below are the images 1 is the Cpanel layout and the other is the website error.

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! This seems more like a DNS problem than a cPanel server issue. Once the files are placed in the public_html directory, they will appear instantly on the site.

It looks like you may be experiencing DNS propagation as I am able to visit the site from my location. I also see this working well around the world when I sue a tool like DNS Checker - DNS Propagation Check & DNS Lookup

Can you try a different device such as a cell phone to see if that works? If so, that would serve as further confirmation that your local network just doesn't have the updated DNS information yet.

Boof

Registered
Nov 8, 2020
New Zealand
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! This seems more like a DNS problem than a cPanel server issue. Once the files are placed in the public_html directory, they will appear instantly on the site.

It looks like you may be experiencing DNS propagation as I am able to visit the site from my location. I also see this working well around the world when I sue a tool like DNS Checker - DNS Propagation Check & DNS Lookup

Can you try a different device such as a cell phone to see if that works? If so, that would serve as further confirmation that your local network just doesn't have the updated DNS information yet.
Okay so an update.

Usually when I run the website, I've run the website from cPanel's home (The link on the sidebar).

I've found that this still causes an issue with displaying the website (Current issue), but when I write out the URL (REDACTED.com) the website displays but reroutes me the hosts website.

With further testing I found that HTTPS causes the current issue while HTTP reroutes to the host website.

Still not showing the index.html file that I wanted but some more information.

P.s I also have tested with removal of cache data but nothing different.

Edit* After talking to the person who originally made it, this URL is a temporary URL currently adding a permanent URL to cPanel.

Last edited by a moderator: