cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
hi,
good morning,
I purchased a domain and linux hosting
in my cpanel I see two domains.
nomedominio.cp-28.domain.net/
and my site is displayed on domainname.cp-28.domain.net/

How do I go about having the site displayed on the main domain?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Handssler Lopez

Apr 30, 2019
Guatemala
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
for this you only need to access files >> file manager >> domain2.net or public_html

depending on the image and your comment at the time you already had a main domain or main website (domain1.com) this is found in files >> file manager >> public_html

If you have added another domain this is in files >> file manager >> domain2.net

Just by working within the "domain2.com" directory, the website will be displayed at: www.dominio2.net without affecting domain1.com (this is found within public_html)

additionally I tell you it seems the account was created for domain1.com (main domain)

and another.domain2.net has been added as an extra, if you want to move the website of the other.domino.net you must pass it to domain1.com as I said before this is in public_html

I hope my answer can help you

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
@Handssler Lopez From what I see in that screenshot there is the primary/main domain and a subdomain but neither reference domain2.com

@micol
From what I can see, your newly purchased domain and the subdomain are both directed to the public_html, the subdomain is provided by your hosting provider to allow you to preview the site when DNS is not pointed to the server.

If your site is not being shown when you navigate to it, you first should check that you've pointed the nameservers to the ones provided by your Webhosting provider or that the A record is pointed there.

Either of these actions would be performed where you purchased the domain.

Once that is complete you should be able to resolve the site in the same method you do when you view the subdomain currently.