The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Loads In 50 Seconds If No Traffic After 3 Hours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frenz, Dec 16, 2014.

1. frenz

frenz Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi,

I'm using 2 different Reseller Shared Hosting (CPanel CloudLinux Hosting). I showcase some Drupal Systems using Drupal Distros, namely demo.mydomain.com/commerce , demo.mydomain.com/sns , demo.mydomain.com/crm , they are meant for demonstration and normally no traffic.

I found that if they're NOT accessed (No Traffic) for about 2-3 hours, any INITIAL Access to the site will take about 50 seconds to be loaded, the longer the period of no traffic, the longer the time taken to load. In the 2nd access, it will reduce to 1-3 seconds (WITHOUT Browser's cache, I cleared all).

I doubt if it might be conflicting using Subdomains (I read some encountering this with CPanel), then I created www.mycommerce.xxx , www.mycrm.xxx , www.mysns.xxx with the installations, same behaviour.

Seemingly it required Warm-up after a certain period of No Traffic, is this NORMAL ? I searched & found exactly similar issues here /http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13386471/fixing-slow-initial-load-for-iis -asp.net - Fixing slow initial load for IIS - Stack Overflow (though this is running IIS)

I asked both providers and they can't answer it. Can anyone enlighten me on this ? Thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This sounds more like a Drupal issue than a cPanel issue. Have you posted to the Drupal forums about this for advice? You might try looking over there for threads like this one as an example:
    /https://www.drupal.org/documentation/clearing-rebuilding-cache