The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Not Configured?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bilsalak, Feb 10, 2005.

1. bilsalak

bilsalak Member

I'm setting up a new server and trying out the WHM/Cpanel package for the first time. I've had my datacenter do their thing (default install) and I've gone in and fixed all of the errors and such that come along with that.

Now I've moved a few sites over to this new server and am trying to test them before I make changes in their registrar's nameserver settings. I set my localhost file to point the domain name to the new server IP address, but when I am checking the website I get cpanel "Website Not Configured" pages. I've checked everything twice, searched this website as well as Google, asked a competent friend to take a look, yet I'm unable to find the cause of this problem. Apache config looks good to me, the datacenter has registered my reverse DNS settings, what am I missing?

A note of interest, I can't get any of the domains to show, even hitting the IP address directly will not pull up the first site listed in the Apache config "Virtual Hosts Block" as I am used to seeing. I just keep getting the "Website Not Configured" bs message from Cpanel.

Anyone out there have any ideas? At this point feeling stupid cuz I missed something simple is allot better than feeling frustrated and considering #rm -r /

Thanks in advance,