The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website not updating after public_html has been deleted and replaced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wubzy, Aug 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wubzy

Wubzy Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello everyone,

as the title says, we recently got hold of a website using PHP Laravel. Unfortunately, even after deleting the old public_html and replacing it with the new one, deleting my browser's cache and flushing my dns (ipconfig /flushdns), only the old website is showing up. I was wondering why is that and if there is a way to fix it. Our current website is not using laravel, so maybe there's a file that I need to modify or perhaps even delete ? :confused:

P.S.:fast responses are highly appreciated :-D

2. Spork Schivago

Spork Schivago Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    What browser are you using? If it's Chrome, we had some issues with our site not updating, even after clearing the cache. We ended up having to clear everything in Chrome, even saved passwords. The best way to test is to open Chrome in incognito mode and try accessing the site to see if you get the new page, or perhaps trying a browser you haven't used to visit the site before or visiting the site on a different PC.

If it turns out that it is in fact a caching problem with Chrome, I can show you how to get your site to display the newest version every time. It's a bit different than how we do it with IE, Firefox and Edge.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I recommend using a website such as IntoDNS to verify the domain name uses the correct name servers and resolves to the proper IP address.

Thank you.