Operating System & Version
CENTOS 7.9 kvm
cPanel & WHM Version
v94.0.2

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We have installed nginx but now Website not working and only show download link. Please can you let know that how can fix this issue?

ScreenShot00225.png

ScreenShot00224.png

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It sounds like this is more of a PHP issue than an Nginx issue. If you try accessing a plain text file, does that work well? If so, I would be checking the PHP version and handler for that domain to ensure there are no issues there.

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It sounds like this is more of a PHP issue than an Nginx issue. If you try accessing a plain text file, does that work well? If so, I would be checking the PHP version and handler for that domain to ensure there are no issues there.
Website working without Nginx after restarted PHP-FPM. I am using PHP Version 7.4.16 with LSAPI handlers.

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm glad things are working well now. It's important to note that our nginx implementation is still experimental, so you may not have as seamless of an experience as the other tools in EasyApache.
So website are not working with nginx? Other note: EasyApache 4 March 10 Release will be Moved ea-nginx from Experimental to Production.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's probably best to clarify the terms as there are a two different options for nginx at this time:

ea-nginx - This is nginx configured with a reverse proxy setup, and is the version that is in production at this time: NGINX® with Reverse Proxy | cPanel & WHM Documentation

nginx standalone - This does not use a proxy configuration, and completely takes over for Apache as the primary webserver. This option is still experimental: NGINX® Standalone | cPanel & WHM Documentation

Your screenshot seems to have both of those selected, which could be causing a conflict.

After you restarted PHP-FPM and enabled nginx, are things still not working properly?

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Your screenshot seems to have both of those selected, which could be causing a conflict.
So we only need ea-nginx, not nginx standalone? I think nginx standalone required to install ea-nginx and ea-nginx does not required to install nginx standalone?

After you restarted PHP-FPM and enabled nginx, are things still not working properly?
Does not work after restarted PHP-FPM. Also rebooted the server but does not help.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The package you need will depend on how you want to implement the software.

It might be best to open a ticket with our team so we can check the server settings manually, as we would still expect PHP to work even on the experimental version.

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I meant more about the function - if you wanted it to replace Apache, or proxy the traffic to Apache.
I am now only installed ea-nginx and website working. If nginx standalone required to install ea-nginx then why nginx standalone conflict with ea-nginx?

Does this correct If we need proxy the traffic to Apache then only need install ea-nginx and If we need replace Apache to nginx then need install nginx standalone but nginx standalone still required to install ea-nginx?

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPRex One more issue, We heave installed mod_remoteip but still user IP showing server IP address. So how to fixing show User Real IP address?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Can you check the guide here for additional details on that? You need to adjust the IP that is performing the proxy work in order for that tool to function:

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Can you check the guide here for additional details on that? You need to adjust the IP that is performing the proxy work in order for that tool to function:
Fixed! One More question, What nginx package will be best for performance, nginx standalone or ea-nginx? What we should select for use?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That is completely up to you. I feel there is rarely a "best" with these types of questions, and it's all about what configurations you're looking for. If you have a test server you could set up one of each and do some testing to compare.