The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website of Main hostname ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by microvb, Jun 30, 2012.

1. microvb

microvb Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

After digging through troves of documentation, tweaking, and days of communication with multiple ISP's we seem to be at a complete loss for a solution on something that SHOULD be insanely simple.

The problem is this:

When you configure cPanel it requires a hostname which we have setup, installed a paid SSL cert, and tweaked the services to our particular taste === all working.

There is a mysterious website when you point your browser to http://[yourcpanelhostname]/ and https://[yourcpanelhostname]/ which is working space visible to the web, using a default index.html page that does a redirect to a subfolder which then talks some stuff about cPanel default host, etc.

WE WOULD LIKE TO USE that space.

Aka: If the hostname is 'cp.bob.com' and users go to https://cp.bob.com/cpanel ... or Under Construction ...... we want to put a website up there ---- specifically WHMCS.

We were able to locate the path of where those files appear to be pulled from in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ but are unable to do anything aside from rename the index.html file and place another index.html file there. PHP scripts give error 500, so really --- at a total loss

I want to be completely clear. I am not talking about a user cPanel account. I am talking about the virtual server which is listening on the same host that cPanel and WHM are installed, on the standard ports 80 and 443.

WHMCS requires IonCube, and some other more basic requirements php related to function. Our goal is to install this application in the root of the visible virtual host that has no cPanel account and is the same hostname of the server.

The page users get when going there is irritating and overall, this does not make any sense that something so basic has been overlooked --- so either I am blind ---- or this is much more complicated than it needs to be.

Any ideas on how to do this WITHOUT breaking the server, would be great.

Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Rather than moving index.html file, simply replace the contents of the file from this:

Code:
    <html><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi"></head><body></body></html>
    To this:

Code:
    <html><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=http://domainforwhmcs.com"></head><body></body></html>
    Replace domainforwhmcs.com with the actual domain name that you want to appear.

If that doesn't work, please submit a ticket in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature.

Thanks!

3. microvb

microvb Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a dedicated box from my hosting provider --- root. Where can i find the license information so that I can add to my account and login to the support channel here.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can find the information in WHM > Support Center area for the ID to use.