The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website removal from cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brdesign, Sep 12, 2010.

1. brdesign

brdesign Registered

Hi there

I just redid my main website (the one that my cpanel is registered with) and deleted the old one from cpanel and uploaded the new website with dreamweaver CS5.

Problem is, when I go to my website address now, the old one is displaying rather than the new one, but the old one is displaying incorrectly because I have removed all the files relating to that website.

All the new files have been uploaded for the new site - could someone possibly please point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to get the new site up and running?

Thanks heaps for your help!

2. orianablage

orianablage Registered

Have you got any error messages while uploading the new website? I believe that you did something wrong on the upload and the new site is not shown..

3. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can check files present in your hosting account from cPanel >> File manager >> public_html directory and delete old files once again, if any old file still present in public_html directory. Make sure that all files must be present in public_html directory which you have been uploaded by using dreamweaver.

Note : Clear cache from your local machine and try to browse your domain, if still you are facing problem then contact your hosting provider. So that your hosting provider can check FTP logs and correct the files path for your hosting account.