The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Slider Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by browserdaily, Dec 1, 2010.

1. browserdaily

browserdaily Member

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem. My website browserdaily.com was working fine but ever sense I upgraded to Godaddy VDS the slider are not working on the home page. I don't know what is causing the issue. I look at everything that I think could be causing it but so far nothing. Is there something in WHM or Cpanel that need to be installed to run this? I would think that It world work with out installing third party software or plug in for WHM. Is there something that I am not seeing??? Please Help

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Looking at the images it appears you are/were using a script called Timthumb image resizer. Just guessing here of course. If yes, you might want to check with the author of the script for tips or help.

Looking at this link from google, it looks like you need GD for this script to work:
    /http://www.darrenhoyt.com/2008/04/02/timthumb-php-script-released/

You or your host would add this via EasyApache update in WHM > Software section of the left menu.

3. browserdaily

browserdaily Member

So if I go to the WHM panel where do I go to get this?

4. browserdaily

browserdaily Member

I went too Easy::Apache v3.2.0 Build 5256 and am going to update it but what do I put in for the settings?

5. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might be interested in taking an easier way:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/turn-gd-extensions-without-re-compiling-149297.html

To take the EasyApache route, you'd leave the "previously saved config" checked, click Start Customizing based on profile, select your apache or leave as is, same with next 2 pages for PHP, next page, at bottom select Exhaustive Options list, next page 3/4 of the way down find GD and select it.

At bottom select save and build.

That's a very, very brief run thru of course. Docs on EasyApache can be found here:
    The Apache Web Server and cPanel & WHM

6. browserdaily

browserdaily Member

Thank you, It works now I did not have PHP on...

7. browserdaily

browserdaily Member

Slider Problems

For some reason, Every theme that I install on my VPS server the slider does not work. It just shows up as loading and it just keeps loading. It is not GD because I already have that installed. Is there anything else that I should do in WHM to get the sliders too work. It worked on shared hosting but ever sense I moved them to a VPS it does not work.

8. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Re: Slider Problems

I am not certain which slider you are referring to. To help us fully understand the difficulty, please clarify and elaborate with further detail, including applicable error messages and describing where the specific slider is located that you are needing to utilize.

9. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
  10. browserdaily

browserdaily Member

Yes if you go to Browser Daily.com the images were not showing intill I installed GD and then it worked. I don't have any sites up that are live but I have an example of a site that has a image slider on the home pages. It is the same template that I got...

/http://themes.mysitemyway.com/infocus/

When you go to this site you see the images but when I put it on my server it only shows a moving loading bar and the images never appear. It has done this for more then one template.

11. browserdaily

browserdaily Member

Help please slider problems

For some reason, Every theme that I install on my VPS server the slider does not work. It just shows up as loading and it just keeps loading. It is not GD because I already have that installed. Is there anything else that I should do in WHM to get the sliders too work. It worked on shared hosting but ever sense I moved them to a VPS it does not work.

if you go to Browser Daily.com the images were not showing intill I installed GD and then it worked. I don't have any sites up that are live but I have an example of a site that has a image slider on the home pages. It is the same template that I got...

inFocus

When you go to this site you see the images but when I put it on my server it only shows a moving loading bar and the images never appear. It has done this for more then one template.

12. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

There's no need to start up multiple threads for this issue.

You might have more luck asking on the site that created the wordpress theme you're using, or, on the wordpress forums even.

If I was to guess, I'd say you have some sort of module or addon not working properly. An easy way to troubleshoot this sort of problem, start disabling those one by one.

Since we'd have no clue what plugins you use on your site, there's really no way for anyone here to support you with this.