The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website slow performance issue

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by PeterRoy, Oct 20, 2016.

1. PeterRoy

PeterRoy Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi everyone,

My website is currently having a trouble with a slow response time and I'm at a loss for a solution, even with assistance with my webhosting company.

Basically, my hosting has been excellent for over 6 months but at the start of the week the website started responding slowly. An attempt at a quick fix was to restore the account to a time prior to the issue, but sadly after trying a few backups the issue remains.

Could you tell me if there's something which is not written over when restoring a backup which could keep the response time slow? Or does this suggest there could be an issue with the server's performance.

If there's no definitive answer is there a way to do further testing to find a possible solution?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Peter.

2. cPLevey

cPLevey Technical Analyst Supervisor
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey Peter!

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. It sounds like you either experiencing server performance related issues or could benefit from some configuration optimizations.

You may want to try utilizing a third-party service such as GTMetrix to help analyze key areas to improve your website's performance.

3. PeterRoy

PeterRoy Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated.

Seeing as an account restore should have sorted the issue, I should be able to rule out a problem with the programming on the site.

The webhost is suggesting it may be down to botnet attack on the domain. I'll reply when/if we find a solution.