Website unexpectedly closed the connection

SuperJumpBros

Registered
Sep 4, 2020
/usr/share/
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello! I have had my cPanel site for a while now, but I have had this one issue.

When someone makes too many requests to the site, it shuts down for them and they can't access it.

I am trying to make a video game, and Multiplayer, but I can't do multiplayer without pinging the server about 2 times / second. Is there any way for me to fix this?

Also, I am using Shared Hosting without root privileges (which I think is completely and utterly annoying) and I don't have access to WHM. What can I do?

One last thing: I have a PHP file manager that is only accessible to my user account so I think I can go outside of /home/user/.

Last edited by a moderator:

kodeslogic

Apr 26, 2020
IN
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Shared hosting is not appropriate for gaming websites as resources are limited and will not handle high traffic when users will grow with game popularity. You can use shared hosting until your game is in the development phase, but it would be not an ideal choice to go live on shared hosting for a gaming site. To run your gaming website smoothly you may need certain settings that can be only done with root-level access which can't be done in shared hosting. If you are serious about your gaming website then I would suggest, once the development/testing is complete consider VPS or cloud providers to host a multiplayer gaming website.

Reactions: cPanelLauren