The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Websites not resolving properly - not sure what's going on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dyroo, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Dyroo

Dyroo Registered

Hi,
    I don't know if this is a WHM problem or not. I have set up two reseller account on two different servers. One is xxxx.com.au and the other is xxxx.net.au (same domain bar the .com. and .net)

The xxxx.net.au server is the one I'm having trouble with. My reseller host is not really that familiar with their cpanel system and so I was wanting some advice that I can pass onto them!

What's happening is that the two account that I have set up on WHM do not resolve to their websites, but rather default to the Parent Domain (xxxx.net.au).

I don't seem to be able to get the two accounts to resolve. However, when I'm in WHM and click on their IP link in the list domains table the frame in WHM does go to their index.html page.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice on what might be happening. I've had a search through for this issue and couldn't find anything.

Thanks
    Dyroo

2. Dyroo

Dyroo Registered

By the way

One other thing, I can access the Cpanels for the new accounts through WHM, but not using their domain and the /cpanel or :2082 or 3.

Don't know if this is significant too.

Thanks

3. sh4ka

sh4ka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I don't think it is a WHM problem as you told you can see domain previews.
    Are domains configured from Registrant to use the right name servers? did you check that? are name servers configured to resolv with current server IPs?

4. Dyroo

Dyroo Registered

Thanks

Yes, the domains are pointing to the right server, I think.

The other reseller account I have used the nameservers ns1.mydomain.com.au but the reseller that's not working uses ns1.theirdomain.com.au. Is this normal?

I'm beginning to think they have set something up wrong in my account. I just can't work out what it might be.

Thanks for your reply.

5. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

With DNS and NS, you must be 100% sure every DNS zone and information are set accurately. No room for typos or mistakes. In addition, DNS zones are tricky to configure.

6. KMK Enterprises

KMK Enterprises Well-Known Member

If they and you haven't set up ns1.theirdomain.com.au as a nameserver via their registrar and on your server, then that could explain the problem.

7. Dyroo

Dyroo Registered

I think it's solved - provider is the problem

Hi all,
    Thanks for these answers however I've just spoken to the provider and they have (finally) informed me that their DNS doesn't update automatically when you create a new domain account on the reseller WHM.

I have to send them an email and they will update the DNS manually.

I wish they told me this about two weeks ago when I'd set the account up.

Pretty annoying. So hopefully in four hours the domains will be pointing to the right websites!

Thanks