The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weebly Site Builder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infopro, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  2. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am very interested in offering Weebly as an option for our users. Thanks for starting this thread, InfoPro!

I ran into two stumbling blocks after deciding to install and test Weebly:

1) Weebly is not compliant with cPanel's Feature Manager. This means that once you install it, Weebly shows up in EVERY customer's cPanel, no matter what Package or Feature List that customer is supposed to be using. For example, we have a "Mail Only" package and Weebly shows up for those customers, when I would prefer that it did not. I had also wanted to do a soft roll out of this, and only expose Weebly to certain customers, but it's impossible at this time. Weebly claims that compliance with the Feature Manager will be built into Weebly for cPanel v2.0, but there is no ETA.

2) Weebly requires some hooks into your billing system. They have a plug-in for WHMCS, but I haven't migrated to WHMCS yet, so I can't vouch for whether it works or not. If you are not using WHMCS, you can write your own script to work with their API... but since I plan a WHMCS migration soon, I will just be doing it that way.

Looking forward to other feedback from cPanel users.

- Scott