The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week/Month backup on external ftp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cafrale, May 28, 2004.

1. cafrale

cafrale Member

Hi. I have purchased backup space on EV1 and began to make the backup (configured as daily) on the corresponding FTP area.

The problem is that weekly and monthly backups are not being made, only the daily ones.

I´d like to know if there is any known problem, or something i missed on the config, as it says that if I configure backups for daily, the weekly and monthly ones would be made too (as they were made correctly before I purchase the external backup area).

2. kmsd

kmsd Well-Known Member

Have you waited at least 1 week then 1 month for these backups to make themselves?

I was using remote FTP backups as well but realized that SQL data was not being backed up and the problems with users using more than half their available space prevent backup completion has caused me to stop using them :-/

Thanks,
    kmsd

3. cafrale

cafrale Member

And how are you backing up your data now ?

4. kmsd

kmsd Well-Known Member

I'm using a ServInt VPS so they backup everything for me. Once CPanel fixes these issue I will continue remote FTP backups as it made me feel better to have backups at the NOC and on a Raid 1 drive.

Thanks,
    kmsd