The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Backup Only

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by DanAWH, Dec 21, 2008.

1. DanAWH

DanAWH Registered

In WHM -> Backup->Configure Backup . . . I set a weekly backup only. Backup status is Enabled. In the next section Backup Interval, I only have Weekly clicked. In the Backup Retention section I have again only Weekly clicked. Now in the days to run I have clicked only Friday. All the other options are default.

Now over a week has gone by and Friday has passed (Its Sunday now) but the Weekly back up was not done. Am I missing something here? To my thinking I am telling Cpanel "On Friday run a backup and put it in the weekly directory" Any thoughts as to why the backup is not made? I get no error message or notices that the backup failed or did not execute.

In the cpbackup log for the date it SHOULD have backed up is this entry:

[cpbackup] Started at Fri Dec 19 01:00:38 2008
    [cpbackup] Weekly Backup is up to date.
    [cpbackup] Completed at Fri Dec 19 01:00:38 2008

An old backup was there but now a new backup should replace it since a week has passed. How can it be uptoday if it is week later?

#1 DanAWH, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Strange, check in the configuration if you still have the same directory set as the backup destination that you are checking for backup. If cron logs show that cpbackup is running, the backup should be generated somewhere. If you can't find the backup in any other place on your system, better open it with cPanel support.

3. sharmaine001

sharmaine001 Well-Known Member

im having this same problem also. although i am using FTP backup. There was NO files in that yet. Over a week has passed, no backup was generated. And its telling the same message that weekly backup is up to date. How can it be up to date if no backup was done in the first place?

4. linux.newbie

linux.newbie Well-Known Member

On the file /etc/cpbackup.conf, check if BACKUPRETWEEKLY is set to 0. Change that to 1. Even though backup retention is selected to weekly on WHM, I have seen many instances where it still shows 0 on the configuration file.

5. psycash

psycash Registered

i had same problem on my vps and i solved it with changing the backup directory to another one. e.g. if your backup directory is /backup change it to /backupnew and weekly backup runs like a charm.