The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird apache status values with nginx

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by migue76, Jul 17, 2012.

1. migue76

migue76 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there.

Since I have installed nginx on our dedicated server I'm having some odd issue. The "cpu usage" and "requests currently being processed" are not correct.

A couple of image to see ir clearly. Images from same server at same time, same accounts and similar traffic:
    good.png
    This is a correct value and behavior.

But here....
    bad.png
    Please, look at "cpu usage": u601?? s261?? cu4368?? However, cpu load is correct

Look at "requests currently being processed": 4 request only? More than 300 websites at high traffic time and only 4 request? How is it possible?

Finally, look at cpu load for each vhost (below): 174, 175, 170, etc...

Global cpu load and performance on server is nice. No problem but that values prevents me know true values.

Any suggestion? Ideas?

Thank you!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi migue76,

Does the nginx plugin you have include a support forum for it? If so, did you do a search on the forum for this issue? nginx is not supported by cPanel presently.

We continue receiving many threads and posts asking questions about nginx on our cPanel forum. They really belong on the nginx plugin forum. This isn't the intended purpose for our forum to support products we do not provide when those products have their own support areas.

Now, once we do provide nginx, and we have a feature request (@ http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/nginx...nd-alone-no-proxying-case-57699-a-271281.html) for that to hopefully happen someday, then these questions will be welcomed here. Right now, it would be great if everyone using nginx would start using the nginx forums online that exist.

Finally, please feel free to post onto the feature request noted above for adding your support for nginx being part of cPanel if you haven't already done so.

Thanks!

3. migue76

migue76 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you. I opened a new thread on nginx official forum. And I'm agree with you. Perhaps, this is not the right site to ask about nginx. Sorry.

Regards.