The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Downtime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abusedreality, Jun 15, 2003.

1. abusedreality

abusedreality Well-Known Member

Hey,

Quick question....

My server has been going down repeatdly for the past few weeks.

It does it one a day and lasts for about 1 min or something

I was wondering what log I should look in to find out why it went down and what is causing the problem

Any ideas?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: What is the point in this???

2. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

And you are not alone. We have one box we call the phantom box. Sometimes it crashes up to 5 times a day then other times it crashes every 2nd day. We have already replaced the nic, recompiled the OS, upgraded the memory limits, made some memory adjustments according to what is posted in the forums etc, replaced the Kernel, etc etc. Even submitted a TT to DarkOrb about this, still no response. We have almost 400 sites on this box, you can image just how happy everyone is. The box is a Pentium 2.4 with 1gig of memory. Watching top for hours on end reveals nothing and the logs are pretty useless as there is no indication of any hardware errors or obvious problems. All i can speculate on is that this is a Cpanel problem but where? This is driving us to drink and smoke.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#2 sexy_guy, Jun 15, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  3. abusedreality

abusedreality Well-Known Member

It seems that running

/scripts/easyapache and selecting option 5, then running /scripts/upcp when set to edge bleed everything is working fine, the box hasn't been down in days

Maybe the new edge version has better support for the version of apache I am running

It fixed the problems on both of the "phantom boxes" so I reccommend you try it ;)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: