The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Email Sending & Recipient Issues / Bouncebacks with my VPS?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by PhoenixUK, Jan 7, 2016.

1. PhoenixUK

PhoenixUK Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have contacted cPanel Support directly via my VPS,WHM etc but it seems kind of stuck and I don't think I can furnish the guy 100% with more experience on my part. :(

Here's my initial ticket request wording;

The first reply was;

My reply was;

His reply was;

the last reply was;

So I've spent a number of hours reading up again (I set SPF and DKIM up last summer and it's worked until only the other day) and just edited my SPF to;

v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.isknow.how -all

I added the include:spf.isknow.how section, as I wanted to setup smtp send ability on my servers mailserver etc, to try and fix a seperate to the above issue (Will deal with that down the line)

I tried going to the Microsoft SPD Wizard registration site, I used this last summer without a problem but now I'm faced with;

[​IMG]

So that's out and I'm just ending up more confused by the minute with the whole SPD and DKIM aspects I need to get correct,;not helped by a severe bout of Pneumonia this festive season, that I'm still not fully over grrrr.

Can anybody kindly offer to help work through the above with me please, it would be very much appreciated indeed.

Regards,
    Rob

Attached Files:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The consensus is to avoid hard fails on SPF records since it breaks email forwarding unless the forwarding server uses SRS. The "~all" entry is generally preferred since it gets messages from non-standard senders bumped up in spam detection systems, but doesn't outright fail them.

Thank you.

3. PhoenixUK

PhoenixUK Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi There,

Thanks for reply. Well this is the funny thing - I was using ~ prior to trying to understand this whole issue earlier today but I've reverted back to ~all again, so now my SPF record is;

"v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.isknow.how ~all"

I've since checked out one of the blacklists cPanel support made me aware of, Chilean so I have absolutely NO idea as to it's authenticity but upon entering my servers IP to run a check, the results were;

Now I'm ever FURTHER lost, than I was earlier on trying to understand how to fully personalise / fix my SPF and DKIM areas.

*this is too much for my ickle head*

Groans!

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator