The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird error messages in WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrskippy, Aug 14, 2006.

1. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

Just to touch off on some of the things I'm seeing in WHM. FWIW, my resolvers and such are set. I'm not sure what the heck is happening.

-- [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]Unable to fetch Web Host Manager Security News. The News server may be down or unreachable.

-- Ftp Setup Script Version 6.0
    Fetching version information from http://updates.cpanel.net/ftpinstall/version (RELEASE)....Unable to retrieve version info: at /scripts/cPpkgversions.pm line 50.
    MySQL Setup Script Version 7.0
    httpupdate.cpanel.net could not be resolved to an ip adddress, please check your /etc/resolv.conf at /scripts/cPScript/HttpRequest.pm line 215.
    checkyum version 20.2
    Using newyum support...
    Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: update
    Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: update
    Setting up Install Process
    Setting up repositories

Complete

-- You can upgrade apache by using this interface. Just select the options you wish to include in the apache build and click the build button. The options checked below reflect the default options, and not the currently active ones. Dynamic modules that were previously compiled into apache will not be removed. If you wish to remove any apache module you should remove it from httpd.conf and restart apache. If you wish to compile apache with the default options just click the build button without making any changes. Do not check every box as some options are not compatible or require third party software to be installed. If you do not know what to check leave the defaults as they are or you will probably end up with a broken apache configuration that will not start up.

If you have installed third party modules that are not listed below, you will probably need to recompile them after apache is rebuilt. You may experience an unusable apache that produces segmentation faults until the old modules are recompiled or removed.

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]There was an error while fetching http://layer1.cpanel.net/buildapache.rc

2. darkkouta

darkkouta Well-Known Member

Enter in contact with your provider/data center and e has asked for new resolvers

3. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

Ah, Aric from Netenberg helped me figure it out.

When I made my nameservers non-recursive, I didn't allow for my IP range.

Any tips on how to code it so that my servers are non-recurisve, but still allow for my IP range?

4. keith80

keith80 Member

I'm not a web host, nor do I work for one, but I'm going to just contribute and take a guess that maybe after making your nameservers non-recursive, a config file is edited someplace... you could try finding that file and editing it so that even though it's non-recursive, it still points to your range, if you get what i'm saying.
    Just a guess though. ;)

Keith

5. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

Got it. Thanks.

Now just got to fix that pesky Horde and SquirrelMail issue: The page cannot be displayed is displayed when I login to Horde or try to put message into trash in SM.

6. qlites

qlites Member

Any luck with the horde issues? Seeing the same problem.