The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird .htaccess ErrorDocument problem after using new EasyApache w/cloudlinux support

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by MediaServe, May 14, 2011.

1. MediaServe

MediaServe Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I'm loving that cPanel is now officially supporting CloudLinux! I just posted a ticket with CloudLinux, but wanted to post it here as well to see if I can find someone else with the problem, or get ideas from the community about what might be causing this.

Here's the text of the ticket I raised with CloudLinux:

2. stapler2025

stapler2025 Registered

Re: Weird .htaccess ErrorDocument problem after using new EasyApache w/cloudlinux sup

I'm also having this same exact issue. Raised a ticket with cPanel support, and right now we're sitting at "I've narrowed the cause down to custom ErrorDocument lines in user's .htaccess files. However, Apache's configuration does not look like it is denying these overrides. I'm currently escalating this ticket right now so it can be reviewed by another analyst. Please stand by for updates."

3. MediaServe

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Re: Weird .htaccess ErrorDocument problem after using new EasyApache w/cloudlinux sup

Glad (well, sort of) to see it's not just me. Are you running CloudLinux as well? Did you also use EasyApache just before the problem began?

If it wouldn't be too much trouble you might add the URL to this post to the ticket so the cPanel folks realize there are others (or other at least) with this problem.

#3 MediaServe, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

From what I can see, the ticket in our system is #1491762 and the issue was being discussed as possibly related to the PHP version rather than CloudLinux at the time. Can you confirm that after downgrading to PHP 5.2.17 from PHP 5.3.6, this is now working properly?

5. MediaServe

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:

We're running 5.2.17 on the affected server. We haven't upgraded to 5.3 yet.

I don't see how PHP can come into play with this anyway. It's an ErrorDocument directive in .htaccess being disallowed--nothing to do with PHP at all, and happens no matter what sort of document is requested from a site with such a .htaccess directive.

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Hello wtl,

My comment was in regards to the ticket opened for the stapler2025 user. That ticket discussed it only happening in PHP 5.3.6 and not in PHP 5.2.17, so it would be wonderful if we could get feedback about that issue specifically for what is happening with their issue, since that is the only user who has opened up a ticket.

You could certainly open up a ticket, given the support system is complimentary at no cost to do so, which would then allow us to investigate it on your system.

Thanks!

7. stapler2025

stapler2025 Registered

Sorry for the delayed reply, it actually happened with both versions. We did however get a reply back in our ticket from the CEO of CloudLinux.

8. gvard

gvard Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

Hello,

Did they fix the issue with mod_hostinglimits?

9. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:

I believe the issue is fixed as of mod_hostinglimits version 0.7-9; this update is also included in EasyApache version 3.3.4, published Friday, May 20th, 2011.