The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird issue with Addon Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pacificw, Aug 4, 2008.

1. pacificw

pacificw Well-Known Member

I have never noticed this before until friday when a user brought it to my attention. When you create an addon domain it creates a subdomain as well. Which is okay, but it also shows up in the subdomain listing, add email pull-down tab, etc. Which for this customer is a problem because of the amount of accounts he has added on, he doesn't want to have to scroll through several 'sub-domains' to get to the addon domain he wants to add an email account for. Granted it's kind of petty, but it's what the customer wants and we all know the customer is always 'right' ;) Anyhow, I tried to delete the subdomain and got an error that it was associated with the addon domain and I'd have to delete that one first. Which of course isn't what I want to do.

So, my question is, is there any other way around this other then upgrading them to a reseller where in WHM it will create an account for them without the sub-domain part adding on?

What I think it should do is, when you create an addon domain, it should create the folder in public_html, assign it a username which acts for all login in the account and not create it as a sub-domain. JMO.

Any thoughts or solutions on the matter would be appreciated. I wouldn't care so much, but this customer is within their first 30 days.

Thanks

Terra

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel has always treated Addon domains in this fashion. The only way around it is to create the Addon domain as a separate account.