The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by quicklyweb, Jan 20, 2006.

1. quicklyweb

quicklyweb Member

I am receiving following email every 3-4 hours. With some reasons server load reaching for 6 or 7. When i reboot the server it goes down again to 0.01 level. I suspect the problem is caused by CPanel/WHM Update. While Cpanel/WHM trying to do an auto update it is just going to a loop causing server load to go crazy. I am not sure how to solve this issue :confused:

IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.
    This is cPanel stats runner on espresso.quicklyweb.net!
    While processing the log files for user bafflebo, the cpu has been
    maxed out for more then a 6 hour period. The current load/uptime line on the server at the time of
    this email is
    15:44:26 up 5 days, 16:41, 0 users, load average: 3.66, 3.65, 3.66
    You should check the server to see why the load is so high and take
    steps to lower the load. If you want stats to continue to run even with a high load; Edit
    /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and change extracpus to a number larger then 0 (run
    /usr/local/cpanel/startup afterwards to pickup the changes).

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You don't need to reboot the server. In addition to the message given in the error message above, you need see why the load is so high. There are a couple of places in the WHM where you can do that: Server Status >> CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage and System Health >> Show Current CPU Usage.

3. quicklyweb

quicklyweb Member

Well as i said it is caused by Cpanel update as i get follofing output on Cpu/Memory/Mysql Usage page

Top Process %CPU 92.3 /usr/bin/perl /scripts/realperlinstaller Time::HiRes Net::AIM Net::SSLeay Archive::Tar GD::Graph Tree::MultiNode Tie::IxHash HTML::Entities IO::Tty Bundle::DBD::mysql CGI MD5 Digest::MD5 Expect Mail::SpamAssassin Net::DNS Bundle::Interchange Geo::IPfree Digest::SHA1 Sys::Hostname::Long File::Scan::ClamAV
    Top Process %CPU 73.0 /usr/bin/perl /scripts/realperlinstaller Time::HiRes Net::AIM Net::SSLeay Archive::Tar GD::Graph Tree::MultiNode Tie::IxHash HTML::Entities IO::Tty Bundle::DBD::mysql CGI MD5 Digest::MD5 Expect Mail::SpamAssassin Net::DNS Bundle::Interchange Geo::IPfree Digest::SHA1 Sys::Hostname::Long File::Scan::ClamAV
    Top Process %CPU 72.9 /usr/bin/perl /scripts/realperlinstaller Time::HiRes Net::AIM Net::SSLeay Archive::Tar GD::Graph Tree::MultiNode Tie::IxHash HTML::Entities IO::Tty Bundle::DBD::mysql CGI MD5 Digest::MD5 Expect Mail::SpamAssassin Net::DNS Bundle::Interchange Geo::IPfree Digest::SHA1 Sys::Hostname::Long File::Scan::ClamAV

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member