The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird named issue..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sodapopinski, Jun 19, 2011.

1. sodapopinski

sodapopinski Well-Known Member

Got a new server and test it.

Created domain abc.com and the terminate it through whm https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:2087/scripts/killacctlist, it works just fine. when I ping the domain through the shell system the linux said unknown host for abc.com. Means the account already completely terminated.

But when I created abc.com, then terminated it through /scripts/killacct, the log said it's done. But when I ping abc.com, still point to local server (the abc.com config into named.conf and /var/named dir still exist) ??

Any idea how to fix it? It's using CLOUDLINUX 5.6 x86_64 standard. WHM 11.30.0 (build 26)

2. sodapopinski

sodapopinski Well-Known Member

Update, I saw no Removing DNS Entries process when I use /scripts/killacct through SSH. But I saw it when I use WHM terminate acc featire.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you use the --help flag when running that script in command line, you will see the following:

You need to add the --killdns option to remove the DNS and you need to add the --force option to not have a confirmation dialog return. So you'd need to do:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/killacct --user=username --force --killdns
    Most of the scripts will allow you to pass a --help flag to get the command line options that can be used.