Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Weird prob after new STABLE & apache install

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Pda0, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Pda0

Pda0 Well-Known Member

Around wednesday I upgraded cpanel to latest STABLE release. All went well.

Yesterday, I updated apache using the latest buildapache.sea available at layer1 server - mainly to fix the ssl security bug. All want well.

Today, php went nuts... I got "Security Alert! PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly." messages on all PHP scripts... some of them gave me other errors as well.

I reinstalled apache using buildapache.sea again (And noticed that there was a new version there, submitted saturday night). All was fixed.

I checked out the nightly-upcp logs, and came with this:

(Etc). I think this was what made PHP go nuts. I dont know what did this happen, wasn't upcp supposed not to update apache?

Thanks,

.pd

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dynaweb

dynaweb Well-Known Member

same problem here. php is all messed up. i am linux rh7.3. please let me know if anything is found out about this!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MarlboroMan

MarlboroMan Well-Known Member

4. Pda0

Pda0 Well-Known Member

I've read your link, and did that thanks. Im still confused about why I must edit httpd.conf anyway - Shouldn't buildapache do this? Is this a bug?

Thanks again.

.pd

5. Pda0

Pda0 Well-Known Member

Remember to do this ONLY if PHPSuexec IS NOT enabled.

.pd

6. dynaweb

dynaweb Well-Known Member

so what if we DO have PHPsuexec enabled?

7. AlphaWebspace

AlphaWebspace Well-Known Member

Having some issues with apache too, since the last Current Build I had to recompile apache and it is running on 1.3.32 should it be?

But it is broken down I tired everything looking through the httpd.conf and checking it out now.

8. Faldran

Faldran Well-Known Member

I ran easyapache a couple of times till I got it working, but seems the updates last night with glibc, broke a few things.. Once I removed IMAP and Ming from the php module, I had no problems with it working after that..

At least it is a temp. fix.

9. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

I wonder when it will be safe to run easyapache again. I was going to run it this weekend, but everyone seems to be having problems. I figured it would've been resolved by now, but i guess i'll wait till next weekend.

10. Pda0

Pda0 Well-Known Member

Just in case, latest STABLE + latest buildapache.sea are OK without problems. I use phpsuexec, imap, gd, exif. Nightly upcp didn't trip over anything. I didn't alter httpd.conf.

*shrug*

.pd