The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Problem Compiling EXIF Module into PHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jojo235, Oct 25, 2003.

1. jojo235

jojo235 Member

First I went to phpinfo() and copied the configure string. I added --with-exif (and APXS) and restarted Apache. Now when I look at phpinfo() it has --with-exif listed and it lists 'Server API' as Apache. Doesn't that mean that PHP is being used from Apache?

Anyway, when I actually list the PHP modules with get_loaded_extensions(), EXIF is not listed, and is therefore not usable.

How is possible that I recompiled PHP with EXIF, it shows it in phpinfo, but it never actually gets loaded?

Thanks for any info on this.

2. jojo235

jojo235 Member

I also just added --with-exif in the 5 different configure lines in buildscript, executed it, and the same problem still exists. EXIF is not being loaded at all.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

3. jojo235

jojo235 Member

Some more info, if I do 'php -m' this lists the libraries from the cgi version of PHP. This exactly matches the libraries which are loaded. How can this be? How can I update the cgi version of PHP? Why is it so mixed up?

4. jojo235

jojo235 Member

And some more info:

in php.ini it lists "extension=exif.so", but I don't have any file calles exif.so so I get this in the error_log:

PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './exif.so' - ./exif.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I'm completely confused here, if anyone has any ideas what's going on I'd like to know, thanks.

5. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

Likewise. CP should come with this module installed out of the box. Anyone get this installed and care to post and easy step-by-step with the exif config string?

6. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

--enable-exif