The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird quota issue** Nick??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpmws, Mar 17, 2002.

1. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Ok... I get quotas back and they work great! but 2 or 3 clients get blocked out for email becuas ethey had gone over. Great right? well they upgraded. I go into WHM and upgrade them to bigger package. Last night I ran quota setup from WHM again just to make sure everyone was right again and it put those 3 accounts back to old figures. Also when I &modify& quota in WHM all the accounts that were upgraded to bigger ones show the old ammount. BUT when I upgrade it gets bumped up like is should in the users control panel. What do I need to do to fix this one?

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:fe33a16d98][i:fe33a16d98]Originally posted by rpmws[/i:fe33a16d98]

Ok... I get quotas back and they work great! but 2 or 3 clients get blocked out for email becuas ethey had gone over. Great right? well they upgraded. I go into WHM and upgrade them to bigger package. Last night I ran quota setup from WHM again just to make sure everyone was right again and it put those 3 accounts back to old figures. Also when I &modify& quota in WHM all the accounts that were upgraded to bigger ones show the old ammount. BUT when I upgrade it gets bumped up like is should in the users control panel. What do I need to do to fix this one? [/quote:fe33a16d98]

Can you send a copy of your /etc/quota.conf to nick@cpanel.net ?

3. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Nick!!! I just took a look at that file...guess what? I have multiple entries in there for a bunch of accounts ..like all the ones I have upgraded. I mean like 25 30 of them. The account in question is in there 3 times with different quotas on each entry.

what is causing this man? should I just delete it and start over?

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

When its setting the quota the last occourence in that file wins out over the others.

5. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I see what you mean ..so why when I upgrade and check the CP and it looks right, how come I hit &modify quota& to get the list in the WHM the old figure is there? They do not replect the new quotas that I just upgraded those plans to.

Do you still want a copy of that file?

6. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Hey Nick??? can I just wipe that file clean and start over ? do you know why the WHM reads the wrong value instead of the last one for a changed account from that file? could it be the files size?

I have some in there that are listed 20 times with all different values from the past. My file contains like 2200 lines.

7. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:3e23d876fd][i:3e23d876fd]Originally posted by rpmws[/i:3e23d876fd]

Hey Nick??? can I just wipe that file clean and start over ? do you know why the WHM reads the wrong value instead of the last one for a changed account from that file? could it be the files size?

I have some in there that are listed 20 times with all different values from the past. My file contains like 2200 lines.[/quote:3e23d876fd]

I really wouldn't wipe it as then you have no way of knowing what user should have what quota if your system quota files every got corrupt.

8. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I have everyone on a package and noone that I know of has been modified from the set amount on that plan. If I wipe it out and then do a pachage edit (back to same specs) for every package shouldn't that reset everything?

If not Nick ... how should I fix this problem? Is there a way? Example I have 3 entries for domain=50,domain=50,domain=100 in that order. The Control Panel says 100MB the WHM says 50MB. I have this problem on several.

Can you write a script to clean thge dumplicates or what dude? I mean I know if I delete the 2 (domain=50) ones the thing would read correct right? How come the CP reads right but WHM &quota modify& doesn't? it a problem man. You help is very much apreachated man :)

9. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

OK I am freaking now. .

I just went into that file and removed all references to that domain. Then I went back and upgraded it. I then checked and there is now just on **correct** entry in there for that domain. I check the Control Panel and it reports correct. I close teh browser and go back to WHM and hit &quota mod& and guess what? it still says 50MB not 100MB like it should. Does that Quota list thing run off of that same file Nick???

10. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Hey Nick...

Can you tell me where the quotalist in WHM get's it's data from when it generates the list? please?

11. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:8cfa9f34b0][i:8cfa9f34b0]Originally posted by rpmws[/i:8cfa9f34b0]

Hey Nick...

Can you tell me where the quotalist in WHM get's it's data from when it generates the list? please?[/quote:8cfa9f34b0]

/usr/sbin/repquota

12. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Nick I mean the data that it displays as the ammount that each user can use not how much they have used. I can't figure out how to get WHM to say what the current account has available based on the package it is on. Can you lend a hand? I have like 10 accounts in there that are wrong.

13. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Never mind man ..I fixed it. It's amazing what you can do when you just start deleting everything in sight. It works now :)