The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird quota problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sleuth1, Nov 10, 2003.

1. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

on creating any new account in WHM as root the new account immeadiatly shows over 5 Gb of space used, done the obvious > fix quota , changed package, changed username , etc any ideas ? thanks.

2. Dillard

Dillard Well-Known Member

Same here!

Same here. Just requested a ticket:

"
    On my redhat 8.0 box I created a new account, and it didn't adjust the correct quota. Instead it reported 'Using redhat 6.x/freebsd support' . Tried to run '/scripts/fixquotas' but this made it worse, now all quota's are unlimited.

Tried to run '/scripts/resetquotas --useplandefaults' but this didn't made any difference.

I upgraded one of my other server last weekend to FreeBSD, but besides this RH box is used as master DNS server, they haven't got to do anything with eachother.
    "

Very strange! Anyone ?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 29057

3. sleuth1

Hi dillard no solution yet , a work around since in my case only root createds the extra large account was to put myself on another domain as a reseller rather than root and then the quotas created were correct . but a wet solution ...

4. Dillard

Dillard Well-Known Member

Hi Sleuth1,

I think we had a different quota problem. Mine was that all quotas were "unlimited" and even with a fixquotas I wasn't able to restore this.

2 Tech's of cpanel have looked in my box, and it appears some script was broken because of an update-attempt-failure.

Anyhow, they fixed it (by rewriting a script) and signed in the developers so if necessary they can include this in some update...

Dillard

5. sleuth1

pleased for you Dillard , the cpanel tech closed my ticket without a solution ( too hard basket ?) but will try upgrading to latest release, hate doing that but ..