The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird WHM issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dwykofka, Oct 26, 2010.

1. dwykofka

dwykofka Well-Known Member

Version 11.26.8

When listing accounts in whm I get this error at the top of the page:
    [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]
    [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]undef error - Undefined subroutine &Whostmgr::Theme::find_file_path called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template/Plugin/Whostmgr.pm line 129.

Also my clients cannot see MySQL databases inside cpanel.

Is anyone else having this issue right now?

We are seeing this behavior on 1 of our servers, not all of them.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Try running a forced upcp:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force
    If that doesn't work and you are also running RVSkin on the product, you may need to move /usr/local/cpanel to /usr/local/cpanel.bak, run /scripts/upcp --force and then re-install RVSkin (perl /root/rvadmin/auto_rvskin.pl).

3. dwykofka

If only it were that simple :)

Working on a ticket now, I was just wondering if this was a common problem that people were seeing at this point.

4. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I had a ticket last week where I did exactly as I indicated for the exact same error message and it fixed it. Thus, it did seem that simple to me :) I basically moved /usr/local/cpanel to /usr/local/cpanel.bak and ran a /scripts/upcp --force and it worked without any further errors. The user had RVSkin and then had to have that reinstalled afterward. I normally provide details based on my own prior tickets or researching other tickets with the same error when posting here.

5. dwykofka

We didn't have rvskin but the other problem we had was that upcp was getting stuck on optimizing databases. All is well now but perhaps this thread will help someone in the future that runs into this issue and has the rvskin problem.

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It doesn't only impact RVSkin, the error indicates corrupted files in /usr/local/cpanel location. I mentioned RVSkin as moving /usr/local/cpanel to /usr/local/cpanel.bak will cause those files to go missing if the person does have it.

Basically, anyone with this error message you provided needs to run either /scripts/upcp --force or move /usr/local/cpanel and then run /scripts/upcp --force to fix the error whether having RVSkin or not.

I'm glad the issue is resolved, since if /scripts/upcp wouldn't complete due to an issue with the MySQL database portion, then you wouldn't have been able to run that script to correct this error until the database error was resolved.

7. zye

zye Well-Known Member

how did you fix the issue with the MySQL database portion?
    thx

ps. i have the same issue

fixed with upcp --force

but now all sites are very very slow to load ( http ) - shell console extremely slow - unable to work - wtf is going on?,

WHM 11.28.28
    CENTOS 5.5 i686 standard

server info ( does not load - waiting waiting... ) but load is ~ 1.2 on a

hardware
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 975 @ 3.33GHz
    with 12GB RAM
    and RAID5 with 3hdd each at 1,5 TB

any help would be nice please

UPDATE: provider has routing issues - all up and running again..

#7 zye, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  8. ramomu

ramomu Registered

Hi Tristan,

I am having the exact same problem within my VPS account where I have cPanel/WHM. I did not have any major issues with my cPanel/WHM for the past two years.

However, suddenly during the last few days I get this error and I tried numerous ways to figure out the problem, but yet to find a way out. Fortunately, I found your posting and it does make good sense to solve this isse.

Having said this, I am rather an administrator of cPanel/WHM but not technically savvy on the scripting languages or commands. Yet, I can give it a try and figure them out.

My kind request from you is to let me know how/where I run the command /scripts/upcp --force ? is it via WHM or ShellAccess (how do you access the Shell, if so).

Sorry for the bother but I sincerely hope you;ll be able to help me and would definitely help many others too in the future.

Thank you in advance.

9. dwykofka

Shell command
    give it a shot

10. ramomu

ramomu Registered

Thanks mate. Sorry but I am not sure how to access the Shell (dumb question ? :) )

11. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To use the shell if you are on Windows, you'll need to get a client like putty and pick the putty.exe link there. After you download it, then enter the IP or hostname for your machine and launch a shell session. The user will normally be root and the password is your root password.

If you are on Mac, then you'd instead search for terminal in your finder, then do:

Code:
    ssh root@IP
    Where IP is your IP address. At the prompt for the password, enter your root password.

After logged into the shell, simply issue:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force

12. ramomu

ramomu Registered

Wow! that's an awesome and very useful tip.

Of course, it fixed my problem.

Many Thanks mate :).

13. bangel

bangel Registered

Can we get some more details on this problem? It started for me a few days ago (the 8th I think) and a upcp --force hasn't fixed it.

This weekend during a maintenance window I will try moving the /usr/local/cpanel directory and doing the upcp again. This will require editing the upcp script since it depends on perl modules in the /usr/local/cpanel directory.

I'm not sure if this is related (a customer just emailed me this a few seconds ago). He is getting this error at the bottom of the spamassassin config in his cPanel:

14. poxyusernames

poxyusernames Registered

Thanks for this information; users could not send emails and were getting an error about "HELO" problems etc. On visiting WHM I recived "Fatel error" on each page.
    I ran this command and nervously watched all the code passing accross the screen ( bit stressful for a novice ) ; after about 10min it ended and all now seems ok.

I made no changes to the settings; no special skins etc. so I presume it was probably caused by a bad automatic upgrade?

#14 poxyusernames, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010